- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of design and project engineering with increasing levels of responsibility
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design/mechanical engineering concepts
- Product development using 3D CAD packages including modeling, assembly, and drafting
- Proven success in product development as a member or leader of a cross-functional team
- Project management and planning experience
- Knowledge of basic assembly methods including fasteners, snap fits, and sonic welding
- Understanding of structures/fluids and basic knowledge of material mechanics
- Experience with plastic component design and thermoplastic/thermoset materials
- Experience with injection mold tooling, Moldflow, and processing
- Acceptance of light to moderate travel including Nogales, Sonora and Tijuana, BC
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced degree (MS or MBA)
- Supervisory engineering management experience
- Practical experience with problem solving methods such as 8D or DMAIC approaches
- Knowledge of SPC, FMEA, DOE and process capability studies
- Understanding and application of root cause analysis, optimization, and reliability studies
- Knowledge of FEA and CFD – performing finite element analysis
- CAD modeling and drafting experience with SolidWorks
- Experience with fluid control devices and solenoids
- Design experience with gears, springs, seals, fasteners, and electronic packaging.
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.