- Service oriented, I’ll-figure-it-out, action-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated experience in achieving results in areas of responsibility described above
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of plastic and elastomeric materials
- Experience collaborating with supply management, product design, industrial design, and manufacturing groups on material selection, design feasibility and aesthetics of new plastic part & tooling designs
- Proven track record of developing complex mold tooling for production of high quality, low cost, high volume components
- 10+ years of hands-on experience involving specification, procurement, and qualification of molds for injection molded components
- Proficient with the use of Design for Manufacturing, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques
- Manage tool design, fabrication, process development, and qualification at the supplier
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project)
- Ability to perform financial analysis and cost justifications
- Well organized, enthusiastic, high energy, strong work ethic
- Travel up to 25% of work schedule to Mexico, the US and China.
- Proficient in the use of CAD (SolidWorks) and mold flow analysis
- Experience with PVC processing & molds
- Experience in managing complex development programs with overseas tooling vendors (Asia)
- Supervisory experience
- Willing to travel to the US, Mexico & China to support Rain Bird molds
- Bilingual – English, Spanish, and /or Chinese
Get to know us!
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.