- BS in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or other related technical degree.
- Evidence of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions to both engineering and customer problems.
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written), ability to work in both teams and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate problems and solutions with both engineering colleagues and non-technical groups such as product marketing and senior management. Able to communicate effectively while managing expectations, promoting a positive attitude and understanding the differing needs of personalities in a breath of roles across the globe.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate small engineering projects, get buy-in for solutions and efficiently track progress to completion.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- 5+ years of prior experience using embedded processors such as Atmel AVR, FreeScale, Microchip PIC, 8051, and similar 8-bit processors.
- Experience with multi-tasking and multi-processor communication using microprocessors with and without RTOS implementations
- Experience in use of advanced development/debugging tools; e.g. C compilers, ICE, JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Direct experience designing and implementing digital and analog circuitry
- Experience in the irrigation industry
- 1-5 years of prior experience using embedded 32-bit Cortex ARM cores such as M0, M4.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.