- Required: BS in Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or other related technical degree.
- Required: 3+ years of experience with embedded C programming.
- Required: 3+ years of prior experience using embedded processors such as Atmel AVR, Microchip PIC, ARM core or similar processors.
- Required: Experience with developing “bring-up” code for new circuit boards, and executing “board bring-up”.
- Required: Experience in use of advanced development/debugging tools; e.g. C/C++ compilers, ICE, JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Required: Experience with multi-tasking or multi-threading with and without RTOS implementations.
- Required: Evidence of strong firmware architecture design thinking and ability to clearly document designs.
- Required: Experience with full product life cycle from concept to market release.
- Required: Track record of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions for both engineering and customer problems.
- Required: Excellent English communication (verbal and written) and ability to work both in teams and independently.
- Highly Desired: Experience with C++ and Object Oriented Programming.
- Preferred: Knowledge of assembly language.
- Preferred: Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability.
- Preferred: Experience with unit test frameworks such as CPPUNIT.
- Preferred: Experience using UML modelling techniques and tools.
- Preferred: Direct experience designing and implementing digital and analog circuitry.
- Preferred: Experience in the irrigation industry.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR SENIOR LEVEL POSITION:
- Required: 10+ years of experience developing code for resource-constrained microcontroller-based products.
- Required: Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate engineering projects, get buy-in for solutions and efficiently track progress to completion.
- Preferred: Experience with successful project and team leadership from a technical perspective.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#ObjectOrientedDesign, #firmware, #C++
#embeddedsystems, #firmware, #embedded, #electricalengineer, #irrigationcontroller