- BS in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or other related technical degree.
- Experience with C and C++ ; knowledge of assembly language
- Experience with successful project and team leadership from a technical perspective.
- Experience with full product life cycle from concept to market release and sustaining.
- Evidence of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions to both engineering and customer problems.
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written) and ability to work in both teams and independently
- Evidence of strong firmware architecture design thinking and ability to clearly document designs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate small engineering projects, get buy-in for solutions and efficiently track progress to completion.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- 5+ years of prior experience using embedded processors such as Atmel AVR, Microchip PIC, 8051, and similar 8-bit processors.
- 1-5 years of prior experience using embedded 32-bit Cortex ARM cores such as M0, M4.
- Experience with multi-tasking and multi-processor communication using microprocessors with and without RTOS implementations
- Experience developing code for resource-constrained microcontroller-based products
- Experience with developing “bring-up” code for new circuit boards, and executing “board bring-up”
- Experience in use of advanced development/debugging tools; e.g. C/C++ compilers, ICE, JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with unit test frameworks such as CPPUNIT
- Experience using UML modelling techniques and tools
- Direct experience designing and implementing digital and analog circuitry
- Experience in the irrigation industry
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#embeddedsystems, #firmware, #embedded, #electricalengineer, #irrigationcontroller