- BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and team leadership skills
- 10+ years of electronic design engineering experience in a commercial product development environment
- Experience with robust microprocessor-based design, analog-to-digital conversion, sensor principles, analog circuit design, battery powered circuits, and power supplies
- Experience designing for electrically noisy environments with knowledge of ESD and power surge protection techniques
- Demonstrated development of commercial electronic products from concept to production
- Design experience with high-volume production products
- Familiarity with all phases of printed circuit board design from schematic capture through board layout to board fabrication and board assembly.
- Familiarity with digital noise mitigation techniques and ability to address routing challenges associated with high pin density IC packages, such as BGA.
- High energy and enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn customer requirements and troubleshoot field problems, desire for continued learning, and irrigation industry interest
- Ability to lead/manage small engineering project teams and external vendors.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- Evidence of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions to both engineering and customer problems
- Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- High attention to detail; excellent organization skills
- MS or equivalent degree in engineering
- Experience with electronics potting, conformal coating, encapsulation
- Experience with embedded firmware development
- Analog/sensor design experience
- Experience with wireless, RF circuitry & antennas
- Experience in the irrigation industry
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an equal opportunity employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #engineering, #electricalengineer, #softwareengineer, #embedded, #embeddedengineer, #802.11, #wireless, #innovation, #quality, #embeddedwi-fi, #embeddedsystems, #linux, #unix, #masters, #IPv4, #IPv6, #HTTP/FTP, #32-bit, #16-bit, #8-bit, #32bit, #microcontroller, #computerscience, #electricalengineering, #C/C+, #IPsec, #CortexARMcores